Easy Vegan Artichoke Frittata

So I'm not really surprised that I didn't win the PPK's Chopped Vegan competition (after all, I didn't read the rules thoroughly- y'know, that part about you making an entree and not a dessert) but whatevs. I made two really tasty dishes that I'll be making again, for sure. BUT! In celebration of my LOSING, here's another tasty recipe.

I've been holding this one in the queue for awhile now; I just haven't had a great opportunity to post it. I haven't made a lot of tofu dishes from scratch, but I'm beginning to experiment with them after having such success with things like tofu scramble. I whipped this up in April and enjoyed it a lot.

Tofu frittatas are pretty easy to experiment with! If you're not fond of artichokes (gasp!) but still want to try this recipe out, substitute another vegetable in its place. Sauteed broccoli sounds delish as does a mixture of peppers and zucchini. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

But here's the recipe for Easy Vegan Artichoke Frittata:

INGREDIENTS
1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed to remove water
1/3 cup raw, unsalted cashews
2 chopped tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
1 12-14 ounce jar marinated artichokes, chopped coarsely
1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/3 cup cheddar Daiya vegan cheese shreds

DIRECTIONS
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Press your tofu using a pressing gadget or using a traditional technique. Crumble it into tiny pieces and place in a large mixing bowl, except for about 1/3 of a cup; add that to a food processor with the cashews and grind until smooth or cheese like. Combine with the crumbled tofu and remaining ingredients and mix well.

Oil a 9 inch square or circular pan. Spoon the frittata into the pan and smooth into the edges and on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until slightly browned on top.

Serve with homemade breakfast potatoes or your favorite frozen variety! And maybe a nice piece of toast!

Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment