Goodies From the Happy Vegan Bakery

Awhile back, a reader recommended that I take a look at what the Happy Vegan Bakery has to offer. As mentioned in my post yesterday, I stopped by their booth at the SFC Farmer's Market at the Triangle on Wednesday and purchased a few of their goodies. I'm glad that I did!

The Happy Vegan Bakery makes a number of different baked goods, including cupcakes, loaves of bread, and more. They even offer a few take away meals and have numerous gluten free options. Some of the cupcakes are even bite size! This surprised me and I was very excited. Chris is not only on a mostly gluten free diet but she is also on a weight loss plan. The mini, gluten free cupcakes were perfect and I excitedly purchased a "Mocha" one for her.

I had seen the "Lemon" cupcakes on Facebook the day before and they were the motivation for me to come that day. I had to buy one of those, so I did.

And as I was talking to Charlotte about how awesome all of their goodies looked, I noticed a giant oatmeal creme sandwich. It made it hard for me to focus on what she was saying, hahaha. I took that as a sign and got one of those, too, fully aware of the fact that it would last me about three days.

Finally, she recommended one of her take away meals. This one had edamame and other vegetables in it. It looked like it would be great as a dip or as a salad topping. I have been eating a lot of salads, so I thought I could use it on them.

Chris and I taste tested each item later that evening. She enjoyed her gluten free mini cupcake and said it wasn't grainy or gritty at all, which is very common with gluten free baked goods. My lemony cupcake was WONDERFUL. Very lemony. I admired the edible glitter that I found sprinkled on top. The frosting had some resistance and firmness to it, which is how I prefer it. And, holy wow, my favorite thing ever was the oatmeal sandwich. Look at it! The cookie pieces are made predominantly of oats and are sweet and salty, and the frosting in between them has the same texture as the kind on top of my cupcake. It was lovely. Huge, but lovely. Yum!

The edamame mix complemented my salad nicely, too. Baked goods just generally hold my attention a lot more than vegetables...

The Happy Vegan Baker has a website, but they seem to be more active on Facebook. They regularly share photos of what they'll be selling at their farmer's market booths, too. In addition to purchasing goodies at their market locations, you can special order cookies and cakes through their website. You can also get your hands on their products at local stores. For a list, visit the Info page of their Facebook profile here. I haven't asked them if they can ship, but you could certainly inquire if you live out of town.

Happy vegan eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment