The Austin to Boston Food Swap Part 1

Why, hello! I'm in an awfully good mood this afternoon; I hope you are, too, of course.

This lovely post is going to be devoted to the Austin-to-Boston Food Swap put on by the Austin Food Blogger Alliance, of which I am a happy member. This is the first real event I've participated in as a part of the AFBA and I have to admit that I'm super excited about it.

The concept is pretty simple; an Austin food blogger is paired with a Boston one, they exchange contact information, chit chat a bit to get to know one another, and then exchange local food items through the mail. I received my box from Michelle at the Economical Eater two days ago and am pleased as PUNCH with its contents.

To start, I'm going to list the contents of the box and then discuss what I thought of the products I have tried thus far. And yes, everything that Michelle sent me is vegan. Hallelujah!

  • Drew's Greek Olive Salad Dressing and Marinade - I have yet to break into this bottle of creamy goodness, but it looks like it's going to be fabu. I'm contemplating using it to marinate tofu for a Greek inspired pizza or fried for shawarma or gyros. We'll see!
  • New England Cranberry Cranberry Apple Chutney - This will be perfect for Thanksgiving! I don't typically eat Tofurky, but I imagine this would go great spread on a bit of it, or on a wheat loaf. 
  • Runa Guayusa Spice Tea - I was unfamiliar with this unique tea blend prior to receiving it. It has naturally occurring caffeine and tastes like a combination of red and green tea. It's something special. I like it a lot.
  • Taza Gingerbread Chocolate - YUM! Wow, I haven't had chocolate with this texture before. It's surreal. The spice blend isn't overpowering. It does seem like someone made a chocolate gingerbread cookie. The chocolate is also firm but crumbles and melts in your mouth instantly. It's heavenly. Highly recommended.
  • Cambridge Naturals Organic Date Rolls - These were so good I ate all four of them on the first night. Wow. I love dates but haven't had them in this form before. They were sweet, flavorful, and creamy. I'm officially a convert. In fact, these little wonders made me want to make them at home so I can eat them all the time. Would I get the same results? Who knows, but I say it's worth a try.

Don't they just look scrumptious?? I am so pleased with my little box. If you can find these products locally, I highly recommend giving them a try. 

Otherwise, perhaps order some of them online. You can get Runa Tea on Amazon, for instance. 

Taza Chocolate also has a website and you can order the seasonal Gingerbread bar by visiting this page here. I also saw on their label that they do factory tours! Reservations are required, but man, I would totally do that if I were in the area.

Thanks for reading. I'm so pleased with my box. Ahh! And don't forget to stop by Michelle's website and check out her awesome blog, too. Without Michelle, I couldn't have told you about these wonderful products. I'll let you know if Michelle posts about the treats I sent her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment