My Meatless Life Comes to Austin

Austin is a unique place. Where else can you find food trucks at the symphony or paddle boards on the lake in November? We've got all kinds of things going on here, including lots of vegan food for real compassionate Texans.

With all this in mind, I really wasn't surprised when I received an email from the producer of Ayinde Howell's traveling vegan event, My Meatless Life, with details of its Austin visit.

My Meatless Life combines music, drama, comedy, cooking, and storytelling into one unique event. The show's star, Ayinde Howell, is the founder and editor in chief at ieatgrass.com. He's a lifelong vegan and is currently a caterer and freelance chef in New York. He also spoke at the Texas Vegfest this year, locals!

The show sounds very interesting. It's hosted by the Hideout Theater and Coffeehouse, which serves Sweet Ritual vegan ice cream in addition to a variety of drinks. There will be two shows on the night of November 7th, at 7PM and 9PM respectively. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for kids and will include a cooking demo, some food, a raffle, and a gift bag. Which is neat! Head on over to www.mymeatlesslifeaustin.com for tickets and details.

It sounds like a pretty fun time. I probably won't be able to go, but I wanted to let everyone know about it because it really does sound like a neat experience. I hope you go and have lots of fun!

Chef Ayinde Howell.

No comments:

Post a Comment