Vegan Holiday Treats Update #2

It's about that time again! I'm devoting this post to catching you up on my progress for my third ebook, Vegan Holiday Treats. In fact, this will be the final update before the release date. Exciting!

Publishing this cookbook has resulted in quite a tasty month so far! Last time I updated you on my progress, the star of the show was my Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Well, as of today, my favorite recipe in the book is now my Chocolate Cream Pie. My first version tasted great but wasn't as thick and fudgy as I would have preferred. It was more of a pudding pie, like the kind you could make from a box of instant pudding, so I made it a second time, tweaking the ingredients a little bit, and it is now absolutely the most amazing dessert I've ever made. So much so that I've chosen to show it off on the book cover!

That's right, cover art!



My beloved Christine designed the cover using one of the photos I took of it earlier this week. I think it really captures the theme of the book; it's very Christmasy. It even makes me feel kind of nostalgic! My family always had huge Christmas parties when I lived in New Hampshire. My mother has four siblings and most of them have not only kids but also grandkids. Holiday parties for the Donovan clan are a big deal!

This weekend will be the last for developing new recipes and hopefully the last for fixing them, too. I am currently slating Vegan Holiday Treats for an initial publication date of November the 9th, next weekend. Essentially, that is when I intend for it to be sale through www.lizzdelicious.com, but it may not be available on other services, like the iBookstore, until after that.

I am really proud of this book. It came together not only smoothly but also quickly. A part of me wasn't sure if I would be able to do it, especially when my first chocolate pie got really soft after just a day, or when I bit into my first batch of peanut brittle and it tasted like charcoal. The fact that I've examined the final product and made successful revisions has definitely given me a boost of confidence. I'm appreciative of the failures I've had, and for the successes I've been granted.

Blogging has always been a learning and growing experience for me. I've been examining what it is I am blogging for and I intend to mix things up a little bit in the future. I love sharing recipes with readers, to be sure, but I am growing ever fonder of using simple ingredients, easy techniques, and quick processes.

Being vegan is also about more than just recipes to me. As humans, we have a great impact on the world around us. I don't believe that the human race is more important than any other, but I don't think our presence is meaningless, either. Each day we wake up we are faced with choices. We can choose to either be a force of positive change or maintain the status quo. Nothing we do could impact the world more than by altering the things that we buy, eat, and use in our day-to-day lives. Being vegan IS being better. Being vegan IS part of the solution. Being vegan IS a positive choice. But I (we) can go beyond that, too.

I hope you'll join me as I continue on my journey. And I would love it if you shared my adventure with me, too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment