Oh, My, Wedding

Have I ever learned the value of hiring a wedding planner!

As our pending nuptials draw near, I am more and more grateful that I have found the love of my life and that we are only going to get married once. There are so many things still left to be done, even though my last two weekends have been spent almost entirely devoted to "the wedding."

A couple of weeks ago, some coworkers and I celebrated my impending nuptials by going to Painting With A Twist. We fittingly painted sugar skulls wearing bridal ecoutremant. Take a looksie.


This is my finished painting. I smudged it at the top of the skull by accident. Oops! One of my coworkers was generous enough to paint hers to match and she gave it to me as her wedding gift. It's not identical, but we did both paint the Star Trek symbol in the center of the skull. Not our idea, lol, the instructor threw it out there during the tutorial. We both gasped and got all over that.

Here's hers.


The two of them are gazing fondly at one another above my entertainment center now. 

Everything for the wedding has officially been taken care of. Phew! Oh, except I'm being a major bridezilla regarding my apparel. I just can't seem to get it the way I want it. Today I'm heading to the craft store after work to get some glass pearls for jewelry and will hopefully be making something heftier than the oak leaf and vintage brass jewelry I ordered from Etsy. I just don't feel like it matches anymore.

I abandoned the handmade photo booth after failing at my attempts to create woodland creature masks. I ordered supplies from Oriental Trading again, which is where I ordered our plates and custom napkins.

Loading
Soon!


I think it looks pretty stellar. 

We've ordered three dishes from Whole Foods; wraps, pasta salad, and quinoa salad. We'll also be getting green salad ingredients, chips and salsa, and maybe bread and hummus. We also ordered a lemon raspberry cake from Treehouse Pastry Shop in Santa Fe. I am most excited about that, lol.

I placed my order for candy through Natural Candy Shop online and was pleased with everything that came. It will be the perfect amount of candy for our 23 guests. I'll also be making peanut butter rice crispy treats which will be served on a 3-tier dessert tray I crafted from rough cut wood and glass candlesticks.

Our Honeyfund is still not 100% funded, but we've garnered enough support to have a perfectly wonderful honeymoon.

I'm excited to share photos from the "big day" and from the honeymoon! Next week! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment