April 2014 Recipe Roundup: Soy Foods Month!

My Lavender Mocha Dream Ice Cream, made with soymilk and other tasty things.

April had concluded and with that conclusion comes a temporary end to my sharing of soy-based recipes. The final addition to my month of soy features is this recipe roundup full of tempeh, tofu, and other soy-based items.

Did you know that you can make your own soymilk and even tofu at home? If you're up for a fun project, a number of guides are available online. Like this one, from WikiHow, which shows you how to make both. Methods for making firm and silken are included. And an instructional video can be found at the bottom of that page.

And if you're up to a real challenge, the Kitchn has a thorough tutorial on how to make tempeh from scratch.

But for regular folks, here are a selection of dishes you can easily prepare in the comfort of your own kitchens!

Soybean Recipes
Back to the basics. The following dishes use soybeans for their main ingredient. Intriguing!


Tempeh Recipes to Tempt You
This lovely selection is bound to entice you into trying more tempeh. I am eager to add some of these recipes to my repertoire...

  • Thai Styled Tempeh Cutlets - Like a fish cutlet but made from the soy-based ingredient instead.
  • Tempeh Salad Sandwich - Move over chicken salad! This tempeh based alternative also features avocado!
  • Tempeh Tacos - A recipe from the family-friendly cookbook Betty Goes Vegan, which is veganism meets Betty Crocker, by the way. Worth a looksie for those vegan moms with non-vegan kids or hubs.

Tofu Recipes to Try
I have a lot of these bookmarked! I started a hashtag on Google+ for #tofutuesday and have shared a number of great recipes through it. Here are some of those I've found, plus some more than look amazing.

On Lizz Delicious
A selection of some of my best recipes that use soy ingredients.

Did I miss one of your favorite recipes? Let me know how you like using soybeans, tofu, tempeh, or even soymilk by dropping me a comment. I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try!

Stay In The Loop!

Sign up for the Monthly Lizz Delicious Newsletter! You'll be automatically entered into giveaways and will receive exclusive recipes right in your inbox. Powered by MailChimp, your contact information is safe with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment