VMofo: Travel-Friendly Vegan Foods #3

We're on Post #3 of Week #1 of my Vegan Mofo posts. This week's topic is travel-friendly vegan items. So far, I've shared with you entrees and sweets- now it's time for "protein bars."

Shortly after I went vegan, I discovered the living foods movement and began experimenting. I found Larabar on the shelves of both my mainstream grocery and specialty food store and became obsessed. Their delicious flavors like Peanut Butter Cookie and Apple Pie were simply divine for a whole food bar. As a side note, Larabar has been purchased by a larger company since then. Some of their flavors are still considered "safe" for living foods followers, but not all of them are. If you're looking for something that's 100% raw, you may want to consider a brand that actually plasters it all over their packaging.

If, however, you're just interested in a flourless, refined sugar free treat, Lara Bars are sure to please. They're just so yummy. When you're traveling, a Larabar would make an excellent snack between meals on the road, or even while you're wandering the streets and taking in sights while on a lavish vacation.

And that is my post for today. Check back tomorrow when I feature my favorite portable fizzy beverage. And I would love to hear about your favorite travel snacks, so please leave me recommendations in a comment below. For my other Vegan Mofo posts, click this link. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment