VMofo: Travel-Friendly Vegan Foods #5

To close my first week of Vegan Mofo posts, I would like to share with you one of me and Chris's favorite vegan snacks. Primal Strips are a beef jerky substitute with a number of flavors. Most are made with wheat gluten though they do have gluten-free types too.

There's not much I can say about fake beef jerky that doesn't seem really obvious. It tastes amazing, for one. I'm particularly fond of the Lime Mesquite and Hickory varities. The texture isn't exactly like real meat, but it really doesn't have to be they're so delicious.

I aspire to replicate them one day, but deep down I know that there is no replacement for their genius. And you would probably need some heavy duty machinery to press wheat gluten into such a compact shape!

My father used to get my brother and I a couple of Slim Jim's from his favorite deli before taking us fishing on the weekends so I grew up with jerky and I missed the smoky barbecue flavors after I went vegetarian. Primal Strips aren't like Slim Jims, but they certainly fill the little hole in that was vacant and in need of some sticky, spicy sauce. So go check them out, if you haven't already. In addition to being cruelty-free, they're also better for you than the alternative! Non-GMO, all-natural, I could go on. But really, it's not necessary :-)

Next week, my Vegan Mofo posts will continue with a vastly different topic but still within the lines of "vegan stuff" - fashion! I hope you'll check back for my second week of posts. And if you'd like to check out the other posts I've written about travel-friendly vegan products, just click here. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment